The Vice President of marketing, digital and Innovation is responsible for leading the marketing effort to improve the company’s position in each of its strategic areas of operation. Through the acquisition and subsequent analysis of market data, effective marketing initiatives shall be created, executed and results measured. These initiatives will improve the company’s ability to retain our current customers, attract new customers, while improving our market share with both. This position has overall accountability for the success of the marketing department.
• Contributes to a positive work environment and promotes the vision, mission and values of BMC.
• Completes all job responsibilities in a safe manner, promotes and champions a safe and healthy work environment.
• The individual in this role will be accountable for all marketing initiatives. These initiatives will be derived from the analysis of market data. These initiatives will include market improvement campaigns, promotional events and advertising needs for all divisions of the company. Other initiatives may include review and recommendations for changes to sales coverage strategies, service locations and/or organization structure as it relates to customer service.
• Develop, define, and be able to communicate short and long term product point of view and strategies for BMC product lines, including analysis, supply and demand fundamentals, and value chain analysis.
• Develop and administer the marketing and advertising budgets. This includes identification of all necessary resources to execute successful marketing programs on an annual basis, ensuring that all financial resources are administered in an appropriate manner, and providing overall accountability for program results.
• Oversee, direct, and develop the efforts of the marketing department and outbound sales reps, while keeping them focused on achieving the company’s marketing vision.
• Establish and own the processes and procedures to acquire, maintain, segment and manage customer information.
• Lead market improvement campaigns. Campaign leadership includes working with company management to identify opportunities for market share improvement, defining and financially justifying the campaign, launching project teams, using effective project management skills to manage team activities, leading teams to execute campaigns, removing barriers, and tracking campaign status and results.
• Coordination of promotional events. Coordination of these events includes working with company leadership to identify awareness needs, defining and financially justifying promotions, launching promotion teams, determining optimal event layouts, evaluating and selecting communication strategies, leading teams to execute the event, removing barriers and tracking event results.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or a related field. MBA desirable.
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience with direct marketing, marketing operations, and/or CMO role.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing people.
• Strong knowledge of marketing principles, brand, product, and service management.
• Must understand and be comfortable with reviewing and interpreting financial statements, managing budgets, and capable of setting up effective metrics and business processes.
• Personal commitment to continuous improvement and service excellence.
• Superior planning and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple and often competing priorities in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
• Proven ability to navigate change in a productive manner, remaining open and driven by change in order to meet organizational goals and objectives.
• Sound technical skills with ability to assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursue training and development opportunities; strive to continuously build knowledge and skills; share expertise with others.
• Self-directed and committed to building a supportive, positive, and winning culture.
• Ability to lead and work effectively with teams.
• Advanced Microsoft computer skills.
• Familiar with Tableau reporting and any other data analytics systems.