Marketing Communications Specialist
ASSA ABLOY is the global leader in door opening solutions and a market leader in most of Europe, North America, China and Oceania.
ASSA ABLOY has a complete range of door opening products, solutions and services in areas such as mechanical and electromechanical locking, access control, identification technology, entrance automation and hotel security for the institutional, commercial and consumer markets.
ASSA ABLOY Americas is comprised of over 30 operating companies in North, Central and South American markets, who manufacture and market architectural door hardware (locks, exit devices, door closers and hinges), hollow metal and wood doors, and access control systems. Brands include Adams-Rite, Ceco, Corbin Russwin, Curries, Fleming, Graham, HES, Medeco, McKinney, Norton, Rixson, Sargent, Securitron and Yale.
The Access Hardware Group is comprised of 8 operating companies who manufacture and market architectural door hardware including locks, exit devices, door closers, cylinders and key systems, electro-mechanical and access control devices, hinges and pivots, thresholds, weatherstripping and decorative hardware. Brands include Corbin Russwin, McKinney, Norton, Pemko, Rixson, Rockwood, SARGENT and Yale. For more information visit www.assaabloy.com. The Group is recruiting a Marketing Communications Specialist located in New Haven, CT OR Monroe, NC.
The Marketing Communications Specialist is responsible for developing promotional marketing strategies and the tactical execution of those strategies for ASSA ABLOY Door Control Products (Norton, Rixson, Sargent, Corbin Russwin, Yale) to meet organizational objectives. Collaborates with an intercompany, cross-functional team to promote these market leading brands, innovations and programs to key audiences in commercial B-to-B markets. Core responsibilities are:
• Lead development of marketing communication strategies to promote new and existing door control solutions. Entails working hand-in-hand with key stakeholders in product and brand management, sales and business development to identify market opportunities and key audiences, in addition to the definition of goals, timeline, tactics and KPIs.
• Execute on strategy tactics involving the creation of digital and print materials (e.g. catalogs, brochures, FAQs, playbooks, presentations, web content, enewlsetters) from content development to management of the design and distribution.
• Drive integrated campaigns in support of overarching marketing strategy, promoting brand and product capabilities to drive awareness, preference, generate quality leads and ultimately increase sales. From content development to execution and measurement, you will own the entire process for both digital and traditional promotions to include advertising, PR, social media, email, web, events and point-of-sale.
• Create marketing tools to better inform and support sales teams and distributors.
• Working with public relations vendor, achieve frequent, timely and positive coverage for brands and solutions in trade and local media. Actively seek out opportunities and develop content for case studies on successful applications of products.
• Keep sales teams and customers well informed on new products, programs and other offerings through regular communications via enewsletters, website, social media and possibly hard copy mailings.
• Collaborate with Door Security Solutions marketing team to coordinate participation of door control solutions in trade shows and other industry events, which entails product procurement, displays, promotional programs, speaking points, sales samples, collateral and related logistics.
• Expected to develop thorough understanding of product features and benefits, positioning and go-to-market strategy through close collaboration with product management, business development and brand management teams.
• Manage work with vendors as required (e.g. graphic designers, photographer, videographer, print vendor, etc.).
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• BS degree in Communications, Marketing or related discipline preferred.
• Minimum of 4 years marketing and communications experience.
• Excellent project management and analytical skills.
• Strong marketing strategy expertise.
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively and influence at all levels of an organization.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
• Proficiency in HTML and/or back-end website development systems a plus.
• Familiarity with Google Analytics, SEO/SEM a plus.
• Proficiency in Adobe Indesign and Photoshop and similar software packages a plus.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Dynamics, Marketo, Pardot, Emma or other marketing automation platforms a plus.
• Familiarity with Product Information Management systems a plus.
• Travel possible up to 15%.