Copywriter | Communications Coordinator
Job Title: Copywriter - Communications Coordinator
Location: Charlotte, NC
Reports To: Chief Engagement Officer
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Girls on the Run International is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to creating a world where every girl knows and activates her limitless potential and is free to boldly pursue her dreams. We inspire girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running. Over 220 Councils in 50 states serve 200,000+ girls a year, and engage close to 100,000 volunteers.
Girls on the Run believes that all girls and communities should have access to our programs. We strive to eliminate barriers to participation, to continue creating programming that engages all communities, to be intentional about staff and volunteer diversity and to promote a culture of inclusion across the organization.
Under the direct supervision of the Chief Engagement Officer, the Copywriter - Communications Coordinator will provide copywriting and editing for print and digital media; including, but not limited to, web and social media content, marketing collateral, blog, newsletters, press releases, and other communications which support the internal and external marketing and communication needs of Girls on the Run.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
• Write compelling content for literature, press release, internal and external newsletters, annual report, program collateral, development appeals, event materials, websites, social media channels and other digital properties that showcases the organization’s mission and leads readers to action
• Utilize storytelling to build and deepen connections between GOTR and key stakeholders
• Contribute to the annual editorial calendar by writing rich and varied content on a wide range of topics for both internal and external audiences
• Proofread and edit all GOTRI communications for tone of voice, accuracy and impact, ensuring language connects with the audience
• Support media relations efforts to include writing and distributing news releases and other media materials to national media, updating talking points and other key press materials, and assisting with pitching/placing stories in traditional and non-traditional media
• Serve as a role model for Girls on the Run
• Develop positive relationships with councils, volunteers, community and staff
• Any other duties deemed necessary by the Chief Engagement Officer
• Bachelor's degree in communications, English, journalism or related concentration required.
• Minimum 3 years of professional writing and/or editing experience.
• Proficiency in MS Office required.
• Highly organized and proactive, with the ability to take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects at a time and deliver within deadlines.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and experience working in a collaborative environment.
• Must be goal-oriented, self-motivated, creative, highly-flexible and able to accept feedback.
• Passion for empowering girls to reach their limitless potential!
This position is offering a compensation range of $20 -$22, depending on experience. Girls on the Run International offers a generous PTO plan, medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, short-term disability coverage, 401k plan with employer match and professional development opportunities.
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Copywriter - Communications Coordinator” in the subject line of your email.
This position is a full-time position and is located in the Girls on the Run International office in Charlotte, NC.