December 5, 2018
Position: Manager – Advertising, Creative, Communications & Digital
Location: Charlotte, NC
Grade: 9 - Exempt
Reports to: Director, Marketing
We will accept applications for and post this position on MyNGCentral through December 12th.
Open positions will be listed on MyNGCentral until filled. If no employees express interest in the position, or if those that apply are not qualified, external recruitment could begin on/around this date. Internal applications will continue to be accepted beyond this date until the Hiring Manager is in the final interviewing stage of candidates who have applied, or a job offer has been extended to either an internal or external candidate.
This position is responsible for the overall coordination and execution of National Gypsum’s advertising, creative and digital development efforts. The role is the primary interface with various corporate and business unit functions for establishing, planning, executing and reporting on various marketing, advertising and creative development initiatives within National Gypsum. This role will actively track and report on the overall status of major marketing projects including the creative development and execution of the programs. This role will be the focal point to ensuring quality service delivery and internal customer satisfaction. This position will also be the primary contact and manager of outside advertising, public relations and marketing agencies regarding all creative and digital development projects.
Major Job Responsibilities (not all inclusive):
1. In coordination with various National Gypsum product managers and business unit personnel, identify projects that will require advertising and creative support and create an annual Advertising Plan based on the summary of costs and resources required to execute the planned projects. Establish up front what costs and resources will be required from advertising and creative to support each product / business unit manager and what will be administered and budgeted by the business units. Based on the defined service levels, manage the annual advertising budget to execute the planned programs. Administer operating budgets efficiently, approve invoices and review monthly reports to ensure that proper controls are being utilized to maintain expenditures within approved guidelines.
2. Working with the various product managers and business unit resources, serve as the brand ambassador and focal point for identifying, consolidating and planning the company’s various advertising, graphic, digital and creative projects. Actively monitor, track analytics and report on progress to ensure a high level of quality for internal service delivery, creativity, efficiency and timeliness. Actively work to identify opportunities to improve service levels for internal customers while also setting expectations for
information requirements from other departments. Identify any disconnects and work within Marketing and with other departments to improve overall efficiency and effectiveness.
3. Manage the creative direction and brand fidelity for national trade print advertising, website content, email marketing, sales promotions, product publicity, videos, social media, direct and digital email campaigns, literature, packaging and special projects for all National Gypsum’s product lines and disciplines (in English, Spanish and French were needed). Plan, create, art direct and produce advertising, product promotion programs, social media and materials for national consumer campaigns, marketing communications support, new product launches and collateral materials for the four major product brands within budget guidelines (e.g., develop creative strategy, write copy, select and/or create graphics for literature, displays, videos and audio/visual presentations, determine media and design advertisements).
4. Identify necessary external resources and vendor support required to execute our marketing plans and communicate those needs within the Marketing Department so that appropriate vendor arrangements and relationships can be established or modified.
5. Serve as project manager for various marketing initiatives ensuring projects stay on task, deadlines and requirements are met and budgets maintained. Coordinate and conduct meetings with outside creative resources as well as internal product managers, marketing managers and technical managers to obtain up-to-date information on new and changing products, systems and services requiring marketing communications planning and budgeting for achieving company sales and marketing goals and objectives.
6. Develop and drive the company’s digital marketing plan and execution for all website, SEO/SEM and email marketing campaigns while leading our social media, marketing database and display advertising efforts.
7. Drive the investigation, identification, evaluation, selection, implementation and utilization of marketing technology platforms including content management, email marketing automation, social listening, digital publishing, mobile apps and other related platforms and systems.
8. Based on the Advertising Plan, manage the day-to-day activities for purchasing and billings of outside services related to creative development for marketing and advertising initiatives. Providing creative direction and technical know-how to assure the highest quality and best economies.
9. Ensure the fidelity of all National Gypsum brands, making sure all internal and external brand use adheres to the fundamental design, color, nature and use.
• Bachelor’s Degree with major in Communications Arts (i.e., Journalism, Advertising). Minor in Marketing and/or Business Administration or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum of 7 to 10 years experience within the advertising/marketing department of a major manufacturer involved in both business to business and business to consumer advertising and sales promotion. Minimum of 3-5 years of digital marketing experience.
• Preferred 4-6 years of advertising agency experience as an account executive with experience in managing a team of marketing communication/technical personnel.
• Strong interpersonal relationship skills with the ability to work well in team environments while also having the experience and capacity to lead an effective team.
• Project management skills with a demonstrated ability to plan, manage and successfully deliver large marketing and advertising campaigns.
• Ability to solve problems constructively and offer consultative advice to various internal customers on options and pros/cons for completing a project. Ability to establish expectations up front and deliver a high level of service on the initiatives that the Marketing Department will “own”.
• “How to” knowledge of working effectively with and purchasing outside creative services.
• Proven creative skills for advertising, sales promotion, art direction, website development, social media and a thorough understanding of graphic/print production.
• Excellent writing and editing skills.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of an associate assigned to this position.