Do you love public radio and NPR? If so, keep reading!
Market Enginuity is seeking an experienced, determined, and persuasive sales professional to join our public media sales team at WFAE in Charlotte. This is an exceptional opportunity for a mission-minded and innovative person to join our team and generate sponsorship revenue for a station that is highly regarded in the marketplace. Secure on-air Corporate Sponsorship for WFAE and for our various digital assets on WFAE.org. Make an impact while working with a team of smart, creative, collaborative colleagues.
At Market Enginuity We Do Work that Matters
Market Enginuity has the largest public media salesforce in the U.S. We are a unique organization that provides outsourced corporate sponsorship sales to public radio and television stations in 18 U.S. markets. Recognized as a leader in generating corporate sponsorship for public broadcasting stations, our 150+ employees are committed to helping our client stations better serve their communities while helping sponsors grow their businesses.
About our Client
WFAE 90.7 is a major source of news and information for the Charlotte region and one of the country’s leading public radio stations. WFAE reaches over 200,000 listeners each week and offers a broad range of award-winning national, international and regional news from National Public Radio (NPR), the BBC, Public Radio International, American Public Media and WFAE’s newsroom. WFAE produces a daily signature talk show, "Charlotte Talks," hosted by radio veteran Mike Collins.
WFAE 90.7 is an independent, non-profit organization, licensed to the University Radio Foundation, Inc. with additional frequencies in Hickory (90.3FM), Laurinburg (106.1FM) and Southern Pines (93.7FM).
A Master of the Art of the Sale
In this outside sales position you will sell radio sponsorship messages and digital media, plus focus on developing new business while managing and growing an account list. An account executive in public media is similar to that of a salesperson in commercial broadcasting or local print media. In this consultative sales role you will make sales calls to decision makers at local businesses, meet with them to understand their marketing needs and develop proposals that offer marketing solutions to help them grow their businesses. This is a full life cycle sales position in that you will prospect, conduct needs assessments, create and present proposals, secure the sale, write copy and service the account.
Benefits You Can Count On
• Market-competitive compensation package.
• Comprehensive benefits package designed to protect you and your family including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability and life plans; employee assistance program, 401k retirement savings plan.
• Opportunities for rest, relaxation and personal pursuits via our generous PTO policy and holiday schedule.
• Targeted sales training and dedicated management support from a smart, creative and collaborative team.
• Core values that include a commitment to the success of all stakeholders, a healthy work-life balance and mutual trust, dignity and respect.
• 3+ years of media sales experience - broadcast and digital is preferred.
• Passion for public media! We are looking for a BIG fan that is knowledgeable about WFAE programming and events.
• Ability to open doors and close new business by using a disciplined sales process
• Time and resource management skills.
• Capacity to gather market data and use it to sell multiple platforms.
• Computer skills: Salesforce, MS Excel and PowerPoint, Marketron, Nielsen.
• Knack for cultivating in-person and virtual relationships built on trust and credibility. Patient yet persistent to manage a longer sales cycle.
• Thoughtful and persuasive verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills.
• Collaborative personality and reverence for communication with management and peers for insight and feedback.
• Positive attitude and thoughtful demeanor.
• 4-year college degree; marketing, business, communications or related field.
If interested, please email: