Major Duties and Responsibilities:
The Marketing Assistant will assist with the day to day marketing activities associated with Charlotte Douglas International Airport. This role will support the marketing team in the processing of marketing requests and needs and help facilitate the various projects and marketing campaigns to completion. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, coordinating project workflow, proofing, editing, vendor management, identifying branding opportunities, brand maintenance, marketing collateral inventory and displays, marketing procurement support, assistance with special event planning and research. Work involves contact with other Aviation Department work areas, outside agencies and the public.
Specific duties include:
1. Coordinate and carry out the day-to-day tasks of building and maintaining the Airport’s brand across all platforms.
2. Process requests for marketing assistance and approval from Airport employees, stakeholders and business partners.
3. Prepare, distribute and manage installation of marketing materials including directories and signage, and maintain Airport advertising display areas and materials around the property.
4. Facilitate marketing procurement requirements in accordance with all processes and procedures and maintain an active billing status report.
5. Conduct routine inventory assessments of marketing collateral and logo use throughout the Airport property, among all Aviation department workgroups and within the community.
6. Create and maintain an accurate and up-to-date library of brand and logo items, materials, etc., previously or currently in use.
7. Work with vendors (including designers, printers, installers, etc.) to create, produce, deliver and install materials in a cost effective and timely manner, requiring proofs from all vendors to ensure quality and accuracy.
8. Coordinate content edits and updates on the Airport’s digital platforms and ensure compliance with brand standards.
9. Assist with various Airport and tenant events and promotions.
10. Perform research and manage special projects and assignments.
High school/GED plus one year of experience, or 2-year college degree required, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant work/industry/military/job specific experience that provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the essential job duties. Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or a related field, plus one (1) year of relevant work experience, including internships preferred. Experience at an Airport is a plus.
The Aviation Department typically hires at a minimum rate. However, exceptions may be considered based on qualifications.
$46,235 - $51,403/year
How to Apply
Apply on line only at https://careers.charlottenc.gov
If you need assistance completing your online application, you are welcome to visit the City of Charlotte Human Resources Department lobby where we have workstations available.
Our office is located at 700 East 4th Street, Suite 200, Charlotte, NC 28202. Our hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (EST), excluding official City holidays. Anyone seeking an accommodation to apply for a job may call (704) 336-2285 for assistance or you may email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conditions of Employment:
Standard office hours apply, however, occasionally non-traditional work hours are necessary to accomplish projects, and subject to emergency calls back to work.Valid driver’s license and ability to qualify for and maintain a City driving permit. Certain convictions will disqualify individuals from unescorted access privileges and therefore exclude from employment.
The City’s Background Check Policy requires background checks to be conducted on final internal or external candidate(s) applying for any position with the City of Charlotte. The type of information that will be collected as part of a background check includes, but is not limited to: reference checks, social security verification, education verification, criminal conviction record check, and, if applicable, a credit history check, sex offender registry and motor vehicle records check.
Background checks must be in compliance with all federal and state statutes, such as the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). The checks must be consistent with the guidelines set forth by these laws requiring organizations to obtain a candidate’s written authorization before obtaining a criminal background report, motor vehicle records check or credit report; and to properly store and dispose of information derived from such reports.
Final candidates must pass a pre-employment drug-screening test. During the selection process, candidates may be asked to take a skills test, and/or participate in other assessments.
The City of Charlotte is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Major Duties and Responsibilities: